Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's been so very long

The past six months have been so unreal.  I started the year with both my dad and my popa (step-dad) in the hospital. They were both admitted on New Year's eve.  Popa came home and is doing well.  My dad came home on January 4th and lost his battle with cancer on January 6th.  I felt that because I was the oldest that I had to be strong for my brother and sisters.  I guess they forgot that I need someone also.  Even though my dad and I did not have a close relationship he was still my dad.  He adopted me when I was two years old and raised me until I was almost 14.  You know the old adage that blood is thicker then water.  Well sometimes I feel like because I'm not blood I'm the useless water.  It seems like they don't understand that I'm hurting also.  I still feel like the outsider.  it got back to me that my brother thinks I am aloof from the family.  I don't know how to make them understand that if I appear aloof it is because I am so tired of being hurt and feeling like I'm on the outside looking in.  Hence, I shut myself off.  OH well, enough of this stuff or I will be crying again.

On the stitching front, I have completed 6 projects this year.  I know that is a long way from the 18 that I wanted to do but I still have time and a couple of them are 4 page designs.  I think I'm going to count each page as a finish for the incentive to keep going.

I am so close to having a finish that I can't wait for my PHD - Potential Happy Dance.  Right now my POO - Point of Obsession project is Paula Vaughan's "Summer Welcome.  Here's an update on it.

I have a little more of the quilt to finish, mostly white and ecru, the back stitch it.  After that all I have left to finish is the floor.  I am so very glad I decided to do the back stitch as I went along.  Otherwise this would have become a UFO....LOL.  I'm crazy enough that I've started a second one.  It's called "The Porch Swing".

I don't have a lot of it done yet so I've included the leaflet so that you can see what it will look like when finished.  Okay I think I've added enough.  Talk to you all soon.


I've had to remove the photo's from this post as it appears that I've lost them.




No comments: