Monday, January 26, 2009

My Visit to the Ortho Today.

Well I seen the Orthopedic Surgeon today for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in my left hand. It's been numb for almost 2 months now and my right one is also going numb. He seems to think that I have a pinched nerve in my elbow more the the CTS but he has ordered me to have an EMG test. That is scheduled for February 17th. I have to have it done before they can even think about doing any kind of surgery. Lucky me, everyone keeps telling me that the CTS surgery is painful and now it might be a pinched nerve. Either way you look at it neither one sounds like fun and it appears that more Physical Therapy and yes possibly surgery are in my future. From what I'm reading about it they are going to want me to curtail my activities for the nerves to heal which would mean less computer and stitching time. Like I see either one of those happening any time soon. Add into the mix now that I am into beading and jewelry making to...UGH!!! They really do want me to lead a dull boring life.

OH well I guess I'll start learning dull and boring now and go take a hot bubble bath and go to bed early for a change...LOL. I'm in enough pain right now that I really don't know how much more I can take anyway. I'll try to post again tomorrow and who knows maybe I'll get a little stitching in to if I'm lucky.

No comments: